Labor and Delivery
The Labor and Delivery unit offers private, state-of-the-art suites where you can labor, deliver and recover after the birth of your baby. Some suites have Jacuzzi tubs for mothers who enjoy the relaxing effects of water. Other suites have walk-in showers with shower massages.
Following the safe delivery of your child, it’s time for you and your family to settle in for some rest and bonding. During your postpartum stay, you can relax and get to know your baby in the comfort and security of your beautiful, spacious room located on our all-women’s nursing unit. A sofa-bed is provided for a family member to stay with mom and the baby. You’ll be surprised at how much our rooms feel like home.
What to Pack for the "Big Day"
When the big day arrives, you want to make sure you are ready and prepared for your hospital stay.
Here is a checklist of items you will want to consider bringing with you for your baby’s delivery:
- Lightweight gown, robe or comfortable sleeping clothes
- Desired toiletries (shampoo, toothbrush, deodorant)
- Hair brush and hair accessories
- Nursing bra, breast pads, nursing pillow
- Cell phone/mobile device (including your charger)
- Contact list
- Sanitary pads
- Non-slip socks, slippers
- Your glasses or contact lenses, if applicable, and saline solution
- Pillow from home for extra comfort
- Light reading materials
- Going home clothes
- Hospital paperwork and insurance card
- Receiving blankets
- First outfit and going home outfit
- Sun or winter hat
- Infant car seat (in compliance with Federal and State laws, your baby must be discharged in an approved car seat.)