THE BEST. TOGETHER.
Baptist Health Care is working with Mayo Clinic to provide the best possible care to patients in our community.
As a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Baptist can access the latest Mayo Clinic research and treatment recommendations to build new, innovative ways of providing superior care to patients and their families close to home.
You get the benefit of two expert physician teams who can support you. We collaborate with Mayo Clinic on some of the most difficult cases, while keeping your care right here at home, so that you avoid unnecessary travel.
Local Physicians Speak Up about the MAYO CLINIC CARE NETWORK
For more information, call 850.434.4080. For a Baptist Medical Group physician, call 850.437.8600 or visit
Baptist Medical Group
Baptist Celebrates Five Years with Mayo Clinic
Baptist Health Care is celebrating five years as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member. Baptist experts from across the organization have worked with Mayo Clinic to share and learn best practices. As a member of the network, Baptist has access to special Mayo Clinic resources that assist in the delivery of great care, including eConsults, AskMayoExpert, Grand Rounds and Health Care Consulting.
We celebrate these resources and milestones in the past five years:
- eConsults allow physicians and advanced practitioners to request input from Mayo Clinic specialists. eConsults bring together experts to improve diagnosis and treatment. More than 500 eConsults have been facilitated since July of 2013.
- AskMayoExpert (AME) is a point-of-care tool that offers clinical information on hundreds of medical conditions and includes care process models and patient education. Team members are using AME resources to help make patient care decisions and manage care. BHC team members have completed 22,000 AME content hits.
- Grand Rounds give Baptist physicians, advanced practitioners and nursing staff access to archived presentations by Mayo Clinic physicians and scientists that address a range of specialty and general medicine areas. Team members can earn CME credit or nursing contact hours by viewing these videos. Additionally, Baptist has invited 12 Mayo physicians to speak to team members and the community. CME credits have been applied in topics of trauma, sepsis, cardiovascular and other general CME support.
- Health Care Consulting gives BHC access to Mayo Clinic’s unique combination of practical experience and subject matter expertise. This program enables Baptist to benchmark Mayo’s best practices in relation to programmatic development, operations, strategy and patient care. During our collaboration, BHC has completed more than 1,000 benchmarking / consulting engagements covering a wide range of topics.
Baptist is the first healthcare organization in the northwest Florida region to collaborate with Mayo Clinic. Our shared goal is to help more patients stay close to home and avoid unnecessary travel.
“We are very appreciative of the relationship and professional resources that are available through the Mayo Clinic Care Network,” said Cynde Gamache, DBA, R.N., NE-BC, chief nursing officer at Baptist Health Care. “In the Baptist Nursing Community of Practice, we have taken advantage of many opportunities over the past five years for education, benchmarking and networking arrangements. All of these have contributed to advancements in nursing practice and nursing leadership.”
Baptist is glad to be a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. Through that relationship, Baptist can access extended resources to help further serve its patients, clients and the community.
How Does Our Collaboration Affect Your Care
- Baptist Health Care physicians have access to the knowledge and expertise of a leader in medical research.
- No extra cost to you for the use of the Mayo Clinic Care Network resources.
- Your medical records are safe.
- You keep the relationship with your local doctor who can collaborate with Mayo Clinic physicians when helpful.
- Baptist Health Care remains the community’s locally owned and governed not-for-profit provider for Gulf Coast residents.