Awards & Recognitions
- Florida Trend Names Mark Faulkner and James Andrews M.D. to its 2019 Florida 500 list. The list comprises the most influential individuals in the state. ~ (2019)
- Mark Faulkner, Baptist Health Care CEO, and Allison Hill, Lakeview Center CEO, recognized by InWeekly's Power List edition for the second year in a row. ~ (2019)
- Baptist Health Care, Andrews Institute is selected as 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Orthopedic Programs List by Becker’s Healthcare ~ (2019)
- Gulf Breeze Hospital is awarded its second consecutive five-star rating, and Baptist Hospital and Jay Hospital are awarded four-star ratings by The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. ~ (2018)
- Baptist Heart & Vascular Institute’s rehabilitation program earns national certification by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). ~ (2018)
- Baptist Health Care is recognized as a Platinum Level Recipient and for Community Innovation by the American Heart Association's Fit-Friendly Worksites Recognition program. Baptist is the only business to earn the Platinum designation locally ~ (July 2016)
- Baptist Health Care has been recognized as a Platinum-Level Recipient and for Community Innovation by the American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksites Recognition program. Physical activity and team member wellness are important priorities and Baptist is committed to providing the best workplace environment possible. ~ (May 2016)
- Baptist Health Care (BHC) President and CEO Mark T. Faulkner has been recognized on InWeekly’s 2015 IN Power List. Under his leadership, BHC has realized remarkable accomplishments, including a collaboration with Mayo Clinic, A ratings from top bond rating agencies and the growth of Baptist Heart & Vascular Institute and the Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine. Faulkner is focused on innovative solutions and resources to support BHC’s Mission to improve the quality of life for the entire community. ~ (April. 2015)
- The Heart & Vascular Institute’s Cardiovascular Diagnostics Department has been granted full accreditation for Nuclear Cardiology by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission for Baptist Hospital, Gulf Breeze Hospital and Baptist Medical Park – Nine Mile. This accreditation has been granted for three years. Baptist and Gulf Breeze hospitals also have received an additional accreditation for Adult Transesophageal Echo. ~ (Jan. 2015)
- The Heart & Vascular Institute’s Cardiodiagnostics Department was granted full accreditation for Echocardiography in the areas of Adult Transthoracic and Adult Stress by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission. This accreditation was received for Baptist Hospital, Gulf Breeze Hospital, and Baptist Medical Park – Nine Mile. The facilities were critiqued on all aspects of operations, technical skill, quality imaging, on-going education, quality metrics, medical staff review, medical staff interpretation, and reporting.~ (Nov. 2014)
- Baptist Health Care (BHC) along with Sacred Heart Health System (SHHS) received the Community Benefit Achievement Award from the Florida Hospital Association. The Community Benefit Achievement Award recognizes hospitals that have distinguished themselves through efforts to improve the health and well-being of their communities. BHC and SHHS first joined forces in 1994 through the Partnership for a Healthy Community. Today, their Live Well Northwest Florida initiative encourages community wellness with the support of 116 local businesses and organizations. ~ (Nov. 2014)
- Baptist Hospital receives the 2014 Healthgrades Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award™ in recognition of consistently performing bariatric surgeries with little to no complications after surgery. ~ (Aug. 2014)
- BHC hospitals received Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Awards. Baptist Hospital received the Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award and Gulf Breeze Hospital received the Silver-Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for the treatment of stroke patients. ~ (May 2014)
- Baptist Health Care was listed on Becker’s 100 Integrated Health Systems to Know, a list based on health systems’ range and coordination of health care services.
The Becker’s Hospital Review editorial team selected health systems based on rankings by health care analytics company IMS Health, as well as on financial, clinical and operational strength. Each health system on the list focuses on the continuum of care, including wellness and preventive services; urgent, inpatient and outpatient care; hospice; health plan offerings and more.
- Baptist Health Care was voted “Best of the Coast” in an Independent News 2013 reader survey. Locals weighed in, sharing their favorite places to receive services such as dining, shopping, health care and more. This recognition is a reflection of our team members who make Baptist Health Care a great place to work and receive care. From simple “hellos” to escorting patients and visitors to their destinations, treating people like family is our expectation. The official announcement is available in the Oct. 10 edition of the Independent News. ~ (Oct. 2013)
Winner: Best Hospital
Runner Up: Best Walk In Clinic
Runner Up: Best General Care Physician – Dr. Paul Freitas
Runner Up: Best OB/GYN – Dr. Tracey A. Doyle
- Baptist Hospital Receives Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award for Providing Exemplary Care to Heart Patients. The award recognizes Baptist Hospital’s commitment and success in implementing an exceptional standard of care for heart attack patients. ~ (Oct. 2013)
- BHC was named a Silver winner of the ninth-annual Health at Work Awards sponsored by ComPsych and its HealthyGuidance® program. This award was based on the comprehensiveness, delivery, promotion, participation rates and results achieved by BHC’s wellness program, Healthy Lives™. ~ (Aug. 2013)
- Baptist Health Care Recognized as an American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite ~ (Jun. 2013)
- Gulf Breeze Hospital was named one of Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals® for delivering higher quality and more efficient care than other hospitals of similar size or teaching status ~ (May 2013)
- Baptist Health Care was recognized as Training Magazine’s No. 39 out of the top 125 corporate institutions in the U.S. for team member training and people development. This is the 12th consecutive year the organization has achieved this national recognition. ~ (Feb. 2013)
- Baptist was one of 28 VHA member hospitals to receive a Leadership Award for Clinical Excellence from The Voluntary Hospital Association, Inc. (VHA). ~ (2012)
- Baptist Hospital was the first and only hospital in the region to receive the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s Platinum Performance Achievement Award for sustaining high standards and excellence in cardiovascular care. ~ (Oct. 2012)
- Baptist Hospital was recognized by VHA Inc. among 28 hospitals who were recipients of the Leadership Award for Clinical Excellence Award. The hospitals achieved top performance on core measures and patients satisfaction (HCAPHS) scores nationally. ~ (Jul. 2012)
- Baptist Health Care was voted “Best Place to Work” in the Pensacola News Journal 2012 Best of the Bay reader’s choice awards. ~ (Jul. 2012)
- Gulf Breeze Hospital was named one of Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals® for delivering higher quality and more efficient care than other hospitals of similar size or teaching status. ~ (May 2012)
- The American Heart Association recognized Lakeview Center, Inc. as a “Fit-Friendly Company” for making the health and wellness of team members a priority. ~ (Jul. 2012)
- Baptist Health Care was recognized as Training Magazine’s No. 25 out of the top 125 corporate institutions in the U.S. for team member training and people development. ~ ( Mar. 2012)
- Baptist Hospital was the first and only hospital in the region to receive the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s Gold Performance Achievement Award for sustaining high standards and excellence in cardiovascular care. ~ (Dec. 2011)
- Baptist Health Care achieved “Best of the Coast” as a best place to work and awarded by Independent News. ~ (Nov. 2011)
Baptist Hospital, Inc. and Gulf Breeze Hospital Joint Commission Top Performers
Baptist Hospital Inc. and Gulf Breeze Hospital have been recognized for care processes linked to positive patient outcomes. The two Baptist Health Care (BHC) facilities were recognized by The Joint Commission on its recently released 2011 list of Top Performers in Key Quality Measures™. The Joint Commission’s list presents scientific evidence of hospital performance and how it relates to common medical conditions and procedures. Baptist Hospital was recognized for achieving excellence in performance on its accountability measures during 2011 for the measure sets of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
- Baptist Health Care Receives 2012 VHA Quality Award
Baptist Health Care achieved national recognition for Clinical Excellence. The Voluntary Hospital Association, Inc. (VHA) Leadership award was presented to the Baptist Hospital team in May at the 2012 leadership conference in Denver, CO. Baptist was one of 28 VHA member hospitals to receive a Leadership Award for Clinical Excellence.
Pensacola’s Very Own Al Stubblefield Receives American Hospital Association Award Of Honor
Alfred G. Stubblefield, president and CEO, Baptist Health Care (1999 - 2012), accepted the 2008 Award of Honor on April 7, 2008, during the American Hospital Association’s annual meeting in Washington, DC. Al was chosen for this prestigious award for his outstanding contributions to improving the health status of communities and the nation. This award recognizes his exemplary contributions to the health and well-being of the people through leadership on major health policies or social initiatives.
Baptist Health Care Named Merit Winner in the Fall/Winter 2007 World Wide Web Health Awards
Awards are judged by a distinguished panel of judges for content, creativity, and an overall assessment.
Fortune Magazine Lists Baptist Health Care Among America’s Best Companies to Work For
Baptist Health Care is among Americas "100 Best Companies to work for," according to Fortune magazine, which released its 2007 list of the nations most employee-friendly organizations.
Baptist Facilities Win National Accolades for Patient Satisfaction
Five Baptist Health Care facilities have earned recognition for sustaining the highest level of customer satisfaction for three or more consecutive years. Summit awards went to Baptist Hospital, Gulf Breeze Hospital, Baptist Medical Park - Nine Mile, Jay Hospital and Atmore Community Hospital.
- Baptist Health Care Wins 2007 BEST Award For Excellence In Training and Development Programs
The American Society for Training and Development presented Baptist Health Care with the 2007 BEST award for excellence in training and development programs. The award exemplifies Baptist Health Care‘s commitment to helping employees achieve their highest level of performance and potential. Each year ASTD considers organizations from around the world for this award. Baptist ranked 29 of 42 organizations to win along with organizations like.
Baptist Hospital Wins 2006 VHA Leadership Award For Clinical Excellence
This award honors Baptist Hospital for differentiating themselves around national performance standards through implementation of Rapid Response Teams. Baptist Hospital is committed to providing high quality, compassionate care to their patients.
Baptist Facilities Win National Accolades for Patient Satisfaction
Baptist Hospital, Gulf Breeze Hospital, Baptist Medical Park, Jay Hospital and Atmore Community Hospital received Press Ganey’s 2006 Summit Award for consistently placing in the top 5 percent of the firm’s customer satisfaction database. The award is given only to facilities that sustain the highest levels of patient satisfaction for at least three consecutive years.
Baptist’s Website Wins eHealthcare Leadership Award
Baptist Health Care’s Web site, eBaptistHealthCare.org, received an eHealthcare Leadership Award of Distinction at the Tenth Annual Healthcare Internet Conference. The award recognizes Baptist’s inviting, user-friendly website design.
Baptist Hospital among the Nation’s 100 Top Hospitals for Cardiovascular Care
Baptist Hospital is among the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals for Cardiovascular Care in 2005. One of only 30 community hospitals included on the list, Baptist performed better than its peers in four areas examined by the study.
Healthcare Alliance Recognizes Baptist Health Care for Operational Excellence
Baptist Health Care received the VHA 2005 Leadership Award May 15 during the national healthcare alliances annual leadership conference in Atlanta.
Baptist Does It! Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Goes To Baptist Hospital Inc.
Baptist Hospital Inc. received the highest honor given to American businesses, the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award announced by President George W. Bush and U.S. Commerce Secretary Don Evans.
Baptist Health Care is a winner of the CIO Web Business 50 Award
Baptist Health Care is a winner of the CIO Web Business 50 Award from CIO magazine, a publication of International Data Group, the world’s leading producer of computer-related media, research and events.